Ace cricketers Mithali Raj and Virat Kohli led the way as congratulatory messages came flowing for the Harmanpreet Kaur-led team as they became the first Indian women’s side to make it to the final of the T20 World Cup.
On Thursday, the semi-final between India and England at the Sydney Cricket Ground was washed out without a ball being bowled.
India progressed at England’s expense by virtue of topping their group as they emerged victorious in all four of their Group A pool matches.
“As an Indian, I am absolutely thrilled India has made it to the finals. But as a cricketer I feel for the English girls. I’d never want to find myself or my team in that situation. But the rules are such and it is what it is. Congratulations girls. This is big,” tweeted Mithali, who leads the women’s team in the ODI format.


No comments:
Post a Comment